Polite Paws offers private in-home sessions as well as "out and about" sessions (in town, trails, fields, etc). These training sessions are tailored to your wants and needs. Whether you need puppy training, basic obedience or behavior modification we are here to help. We serve New Haven County but can travel farther (travel fee based on distance)
Contact us for a consultation.
$100 per session (includes tax)*
Package discount available.
*Travel fee may apply
Do you have a dog that?
- Has accidents in the house
- Chews things they shouldn't
Private sessions allow us to address all of your concerns and develop a training program that will lead to success.
At Polite Paws, we pride ourselves in using positive techniques to build a strong bond and keep training fun for all involved. With your help, our goal is to train dogs humanely and effectively using science-based training methods. We continue our education to provide the most positive and top quality service in the area.
Polite Paws dog training offers a variety of group classes. Adult dog group classes* take place at Shoreline Pet Lodge in Branford, Connecticut 06405. Classes stay small to ensure everyone gets individual attention. Our puppy classes take place at East Shore Wellness Center in Madison, CT. We are one of the first positive/science-based group class trainers in our area, and our classes fill up fast. We recommend contacting us in advance to sign up for classes.
Puppy Kindergarten (Start date for upcoming classes: 7/26/18 at 6pm in Madison)
- Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Walking, Touch, Focus and more.
- Address problem behaviors such as house training, barking, nipping, jumping, chewing, etc.
- Socialization to people, objects, obstacles, puppies and more
Basic Manners (Start date for upcoming classes: 7/18/18 at 7:15PM
- Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Polite walking, Polite greetings, Leave-it, Focus, "Place" and more.
- Address problem behaviors such as house training, barking, jumping, chewing, digging, nipping.
Beyond the Basics (Start date: 8/12/18 at 11:30 AM)
- Build on skills taught in Basic Manners
- Focuses on building "place", building "default" behaviors (i.e. auto sits)
- Learn how to apply training to more real life scenarios
Canine Good Citizen Class (Start date: 8/12/18 at 12:30PM)
- Takes place at Shoreline Pet Lodge in Branford, CT 06405
- This class is structured after the Canine Good Citizen Test
- Check out the test requirements here
- Prerequisites: Completion of Basic Manners class or comparable skills
Train to Maintain 7/22/18 at 11:30AM
- Strengthen behaviors learned in Basic Manners
- Based on the CGC (Canine Good Citizen) test
- Increase distractions and distance
- Select Sundays (contact us to register for specific dates)
Fun with Agility and Tricks (contact us for dates)
- Wanted to try agility but not looking to compete?
- Want to have fun and find a great way to bond with your dog?
- Want to strengthen behaviors?
- This is a stress-free class all about having fun while learning to teach your dog to be confident.
Polite in Public (contact us for dates)
- Ever struggle with getting your dog to walk nicely in public?
- Dog behave great in a group class but not in public?
- Learn how to manage and navigate through real life scenario's in real places
- Preregistration is required
- Prerequisites: Basic Skills such as Sit, down, come, stay, no dog/people aggression etc.