Polite Paws offers private in-home sessions as well as "out and about" sessions (in town, trails, fields, etc). These training sessions are tailored to your wants and needs. Whether you need puppy training, basic obedience or behavior modification we are here to help. We serve New Haven County but can travel farther (travel fee based on distance)
Contact us for a consultation.
$85 per session (includes tax)*
*Travel fee may apply
Do you have a dog that?
- Has accidents in the house
- Chews things they shouldn't
Private sessions allow us to address all of your concerns and develop a training program that will lead to success.
At Polite Paws, we pride ourselves in using positive techniques to build a strong bond and keep training fun for all involved. With your help, our goal is to train dogs humanely and effectively using science-based training methods. We continue our education to provide the most positive and top quality service in the area.
Polite Paws dog training offers a variety of group classes. Adult dog group classes* take place at Shoreline Pet Lodge in Branford, Connecticut 06405. Classes stay small to ensure everyone gets individual attention. Our puppy classes take place at East Shore Wellness Center in Madison, CT.
*More advanced classes and Real World Classes are held in public places.
- Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Walking, Touch, Focus and more.
- Address problem behaviors such as house training, barking, nipping, jumping, chewing, etc.
- Socialization to people, objects, obstacles, puppies and more
- Takes place at East Shore's Animal Wellness Center in Madison, CT 06443
- Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Polite Walking, Leave-it, Focus, "Place" and more.
- Address problem behaviors such as house training, barking, jumping, chewing, digging, nipping.
Train to Maintain
- Strengthen behaviors learned in Basic Manners
- Based on the CGC (Canine Good Citizen) test
- Increase distractions and distance
- Select Sundays (contact us to register for specific dates)
Fun with Agility and Tricks
- Wanted to try agility but not looking to compete?
- Want to have fun and find a great way to bond with your dog?
- Want to strengthen behaviors?
- This is a stress-free class all about having fun while learning to teach your dog to be confident.
Real World Classes
- Ever struggle with getting your dog to walk nicely in public?
- Dog behave great in a group class but not in public?
- Learn how to manage and navigate through real life scenario's in real places
- Preregistration is required
- Prerequisites: Basic Skills such as Sit, down, come, stay, no dog/people aggression etc.